Cheng Hau Yeo is an associate in the IP & TMT practice in Mayer Brown's Singapore office. He has experience assisting clients in various commercial and regulatory IP and TMT matters including data privacy, regulated outsourcing, technology procurement, IP licensing, telecommunications, e-commerce, cybersecurity and payment services.
- Advised clients (ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies) on general and sectoral data protection compliance issues across various Asia Pacific jurisdictions.
- Assisted clients in drafting and reviewing privacy policies, data processing agreements, data privacy compliance manuals, subject access request policies and other data protection-related documents.
- Assisted a global insurance company in a data breach in Hong Kong involving the loss of customer personal data and sensitive information.
- Advised a Hong Kong-based health and beauty product retailer on a cyber spoofing and phishing incident.
- Advised an Asian technology vendor on a cyber incident involving the use of email spoofing by an attacker to conduct wire transfer fraud.
- Advised a China-based micro-electronics company on the software licensing and technical services aspects of its business collaboration with a French semiconductor manufacturer.
- Advised a US-based fuel engine and generator manufacturer on its proposed deployment and operation of a platform layer in China.
- Assisted a leading technology company in drafting an entire suite of IT and commercial agreement templates and policies for the launch of its super app.
- Advised a leading global agri-business on the commercial licensing and data privacy aspects of the launch of its supply chain tracking digital platform.
- Assisted a leading global consumer goods company in drafting and negotiating key IT agreements for the development of an AI-based “smart” retail store concept.
- Advised a global electric vehicle manufacturing company on the telecom regulatory issues relating to the connectivity services provided to its customers in Hong Kong.
- Advised a major China-based technology company on the telecommunication aspects of its proposed deployment of an enterprise communication and collaboration platform in Hong Kong and Macau.
- Advised a regional mobile device resale service provider on the general commercial, telecom regulatory and data privacy aspects of its proposed launch of mobile device resale services in Hong Kong and Macau.
- Advised a major Japanese telecommunications company on the general commercial and telecom regulatory aspects of its proposed launch of global connectivity services in Singapore.
- Advised a leading South Korean consortium on the general commercial and telecom regulatory aspects of its proposed launch of connected car services in Singapore.
- Advised a global unified communications software service provider on the telecommunication and data privacy aspects of its proposed roll-out of service offerings in Singapore.
- Regularly assisting clients in various industries with drafting and reviewing trade mark and copyright-related agreements, including assignment and licensing agreements.
- Advised a leading Asian retailer group on a website spoofing incident involving the infringement of the client’s trademarks and copyrights by the offending sites.
- Assisted with several UDRP disputes involving the infringement of trade marks by a disputed domain name.
- Assisted a major regional transportation network and logistics company in an intra-group IP restructuring exercise (including conducting IP due diligence and drafting IP transfer and licensing agreements).
Singapore Management University, LLB