Nigel Wright’s law practice is focused on banking and finance law and structured finance. He especially concentrates on emerging markets, cross-border acquisition finance and trade finance.
Nigel has been listed in leading UK and global professional directories, including The Legal 500, for his effective representation of clients engaged in transactions across a broad spectrum of cross-border structured and acquisition finance work. He was also recently included in Euromoney's Guide to the World's Leading Structured Finance Lawyers.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown International in 1994 (named partner in 1997), Nigel held a senior position with another prominent UK law firm in London.
- Representing various financial institutions in connection with their provision of acquisition finance facilities to fund public and private acquisitions and takeovers.
- Acting for a US bank engaged in making political-risk insured trade finance loans available to subsidiaries of European corporates doing business in Argentina, Peru and Brazil.
- Acting for a US bank in connection with its arranging and participating in the financing of various water treatment and motorway projects in Turkey.
- Acting for a US bank in connection with its arrangement of various secured US Private Placements for Issuers in Europe, Canada, Brazil, Venezuela and Argentina.
- Acting for a US bank in connection with its structuring of various purchases and sales of trade finance receivables in Brazil, the Philippines and Venezuela.
- Acting for arrangers on collateralised loan obligations relating to pools of project finance loans.
- Acting for financial institutions in arranging ECA supported trade finance export credit facilities.
The College of Law, Guildford
The London School of Economics and Political Science, LLB
- England and Wales