Lawrence A. Cunningham is Special Counsel in Mayer Brown’s New York office. Larry is a member of the firm’s Capital Markets and Public Companies & Corporate Governance practices. Recognized as an authority on corporate governance and corporate law, Larry advises public companies and boards of directors in those areas and advises investment managers and shareholders on investor relations.
Larry is the Henry St. George Tucker III Research Professor of Law emeritus at George Washington University. Larry serves on many public company boards and, before becoming a professor, practiced corporate law with another international law firm at which his practice included corporate governance, M&A and finance.
In 2018, Larry received the B. Kenneth West Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD). In 2023, Larry delivered Delaware Law School’s 37th Annual Pileggi Distinguished Lecture in Corporate Law to the Delaware bench and bar.
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, JD
University of Delaware, BA
- New York
- Board Member, The Markel Group
- Vice Chairman, Constellation Software Inc.
- Board Member, Kelly Partners Group
- 2023 Delaware Law School’s 37th Annual Pileggi Distinguished Lecturer in Corporate Law.
- 2023 Top Thought Leader in the Field of Trust by Trust Across America.
- 2018 B. Kenneth West Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD).