Michael “Vince” Cangolosi is a senior associate in Mayer Brown’s Houston office and a member of the global energy practice group. Vince has a broad corporate practice and leads a wide range of transactions for public and private clients. Vince’s experience includes:
Mergers and Acquisitions. Vince routinely represents buyers and sellers in mergers and stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions. Vince has extensive experience advising public and private companies and private equity portfolio companies in multi-state and cross-border transactions. Vince has represented clients across the energy, pharmaceutical, life sciences, industrial, consumer products, insurance, and technology industries.
Energy. Vince is a member of Mayer Brown's Global Energy Practice Group and has particular experience with clients engaged in the upstream and midstream oil and gas, oilfield services and equipment, conventional and renewable power generation, and green technology industries. Vince advises these clients in connection with the acquisition, operation, and disposition of energy assets.
Capital Markets. Vince has experience representing both issuers and investment banks in public offerings and private placements of debt (including high-yield bond offerings) and equity securities. Vince has served as underwriters’ counsel for offerings by several issuers.
Private Equity. Vince has represented private equity funds, portfolio companies and management teams in structuring, negotiating and documenting private equity investments in several industries, with a particular focus on energy services and industrial products sectors.
General Corporate Practice. Vince provides ongoing advice to clients regarding general corporate and securities matters, including Exchange Act reporting, fiduciary duties, corporate governance, and NYSE and NASDAQ compliance. In addition, Vince provides guidance to clients needing assistance with negotiating and entering into commercial contracts involving supply chain matters, commercial operations, and related commercial needs.
- Represented a private equity-backed family of portfolio companies in their acquisitions of 15 target companies across multiple national and international jurisdictions.
- Represented a multinational industrial company in its $250 million strategic acquisition of an oil country tubular goods (octg) pipe distributor.
- Provided representation in the merger of two midstream MLP’s.
- Lead associate in the U.S. representation of a Canadian energy producer in its initial public offering.
- Lead associate in the representation of a joint venture between U.S. and German shipping companies valued at over $200 million.
- Lead associate in the representation of the second largest publicly-traded solid waste disposal company in its $3.5 billion cross-border merger.
- Lead associate in the representation of a major, publicly-traded, electricity producer in its $1.5 billion sale to a multi-national energy conglomerate.
- Lead associate in the representation of a $1.2 billion formation, recapitalization and subsequent partial sale of an offshore E&P joint operating company.
- Lead associate in the representation of an energy company in two different securities offerings valued over $1 billion each.
- Lead associate in the representation of a software company in its $500 million securities offering.
- Lead associate in the representation of a power company in multiple securities offerings valued in total over $1 billion.
- Lead associate in the sale of a medical device company for $750 million.
- Lead associate for multiple minority investments in various insurance companies and insurance product providers by an international insurance corporation.
- Represented an insurance asset verification company in its sale to a strategic acquirer.
- Represented an oilfield services company to raise over $30 million in venture capital financing.
- Lead associate in the representation of a carbon capture company’s sale to a Dubai buyer for $50 million.
- Lead associate in the representation of the simultaneous divestiture by a funeral services company of the assets of 7 subsidiaries in 10 states to different buyers.
- Lead associate in the representation of the simultaneous acquisition of two different agricultural commodities distributors by a private equity portfolio company.
- Represented an industrial electronics distributor in its acquisition of three different national, e-commerce based distribution businesses.
- Assisted in the leveraged buyout and going private transaction of a major, publicly-traded, quick service restaurant corporation for $928 million.
- Assisted in the representation of the recapitalization and sale of a high-end restaurant chain for $300 million.
- Assisted in the representation of the sale of a defense electronics company for $200 million.
University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, JD
Santa Clara University
United States Military Academy, BS