Mayer Brown lawyers have tried more than 600 cases to verdict in numerous substantive areas, including complex commercial transactions; breach of contract cases; intellectual property disputes; antitrust cases involving cartels monopolization claims, and mergers; conduct by financial institutions, including securities fraud; health care fraud; product liability; tax evasion and fraud; environmental law; export control; employment issues; and other white collar matters. Being able to draw from the breadth of that trial experience in so many different substantive areas provides significant benefits to our clients. Chambers USA says we are "[e]xcellent litigators who are efficient, skilled and appropriately aggressive."
At Mayer Brown, our trial lawyers do not “parachute in” at the last moment to try a case that was developed by other lawyers. We involve the lead trial lawyer from the very start of the case so that he or she can determine the issues that are most critical to developing and telling our client’s story and to make sure that the case is postured as strongly as possible for trial.
Our trial team boasts members of the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers, an invitation-only organization that limits its membership to the top one percent of all trial lawyers in the United States. In addition, our team includes numerous former federal prosecutors with extensive jury trial experience. Clients benefit from our lawyers’ considerable experience trying cases to juries and judges:
- We improve client’s outcomes by efficiently identifying and developing the themes that will resonate most with the factfinder, and our trial lawyers are personally involved in developing the evidence that will allow them to tell that story most effectively.
- We provide leverage in settlement discussions by developing the strongest case possible and making clear to opposing counsel that we are ready, willing, and able to try and win the case.
- We lower the overall cost of litigation by focusing on the most promising legal strategies based on a comprehensive analysis of the facts and law.
- We integrate lawyers from our renowned Supreme Court & Appellate practice at the outset of a matter to help develop the legal strategy, to assist with developing legal arguments, to write motions and briefs to present those arguments persuasively, and to make sure that issues are properly developed and preserved for appeal throughout the trial process.
This highly collaborative, team approach, allows us to use the right lawyer for the right task. It also positions us well to understand and convey a clear understanding of the litigation risks of a dispute as they evolve during the course of the case.
From the initiation of an engagement through resolution, Mayer Brown trial lawyers are focused on telling our client’s story in the most advantageous and effective manner. We are proud of our track record in trying cases before juries and judges, and we look forward to working closely with our clients to achieve successful results.
- Antitrust & Competition
- Banking & Finance Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Consumer Litigation & Class Actions
- Employment Litigation & Counseling
- ERISA Litigation
- Food & Beverage Industry Class Actions
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution (Gerichtsverfahren und Streitbeilegung)
- Product Liability & Mass Torts
- Securities Litigation & Enforcement
- Supreme Court & Appellate
- Tax Controversy & Litigation
- Global Investigations & White Collar Defense