As leading global investors continue to fuel the growth of infrastructure as an asset class, investors need a law firm that is qualified to deliver world class advice and client service. Mayer Brown is that firm.
We are a group of lawyers dedicated to infrastructure investment with decades of combined experience across asset classes, geographies, and transaction structures that makes us the go-to law firm for infrastructure investment transactions.
Whether you are an infrastructure fund, a pension or sovereign wealth fund or a direct investor, we understand your needs. We take the time to understand your investment strategy and provide teams experienced in the specific types of transactions you are pursuing.
Our team brings infrastructure investors the added value of our experience representing not only equity investors, but governmental entities, lenders, underwriters, and contractors on major infrastructure transactions across the globe. We draw on this experience to provide our clients with actionable and practical advice from the perspectives of all parties involved in the development, financing, and operation of infrastructure projects.
Our clients are many of today’s major investors in infrastructure assets, including dedicated infrastructure funds, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, and other institutions. The majority of these clients share the common mission of investing in infrastructure assets that produce stable and predictable returns through economic cycles.
Why They Choose Us
Focus on Infrastructure. Mayer Brown knows infrastructure and understands the nuances of each asset class. We are unique among market-leading infrastructure practices for the depth of our experience as counsel across all types of assets and transaction structures. We have advised on the most complex and innovative infrastructure transactions undertaken in the world. This diversity enables us to appreciate all perspectives of infrastructure transactions and assist our clients in executing successful transactions.
Knowledge of Infrastructure Asset Classes. Given our deep understanding of and experience in the core infrastructure asset classes, we understand the specific issues and the related legal developments that help us craft the best solutions for our clients wherever their investments take them.
Representative Asset Classes include:
Market Command. We have a depth of experience as sponsors’ counsel, lenders’ counsel, and government party counsel on infrastructure transactions, enabling us to understand and appreciate all perspectives of infrastructure transactions. We provide our clients with the highest level of market credibility and a proven track record of driving major projects forward to successful closings.
A Focus on Investments. Our core Infrastructure Investment team includes highly experienced lawyers from our Corporate & Securities, Banking & Finance and Government practices who can address and deliver practical solutions on key legal issues surrounding all types of investments and investment structures in the infrastructure sector. Our experience spans the globe, with active engagements on five continents, and a diversity of clients that provides us with a thorough understanding of the business objectives, issues and concerns of all parties related to an infrastructure investment.
We also have extensive experience advising market participants in a wide variety of co-investment platforms, joint ventures and strategic alliances, advising on the structuring, formation and operation of these structures. We have particular strength in advising on the complex issues that commonly relate to these types of structures, including tax planning and innovative governance and exit arrangements.
Global Platform. We have a dedicated team of lawyers focused on advising the world’s leading investors on infrastructure transactions around the globe. With experience in established arenas and emerging markets and hubs in the world’s largest financial centers anchoring an extensive global network of offices, Mayer Brown knows the laws and the political, cultural and commercial influences impacting transactional matters worldwide. We offer teams composed of the best lawyers from a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds who are well-equipped to respond to each client’s unique needs.
Client Service. With our deep commercial instinct, we never forget that our clients primarily have business problems, not legal problems. We present creative, actionable ideas that can be executed efficiently. Our approach is interactive, advisory and ultimately focused on decreasing the transactional risks for all parties and increasing the certainty of a successful closing.
PowerConventional Electric Generation
- AGL Resources/Nicor Inc.. Represented AGL Resource, now known as Southern Company Gas, in its $3.1 billion acquisition of Nicor Inc.*
- AGL Resources/NUI Corporattion. Represented AGL Resources, now known as Southern Company Gas, in its $691 million acquisition of NUI Corporation.*
- Arroyo Energy Partners. Represented Arroyo Energy Partners in the acquisition of Broad River Energy Center, an 870 MW dual-fuel, simple-cycle generation facility in Gaffney, SC from Energy Capital Partners.*
- Axia Power Holdings. Represented Axia Power Holdings in the sale of its 28 percent holding in Eastern Power and Electric Co. Ltd., a Thai independent power producer operating the 350 MW Bang Bo gas-fired power plant, to Japan-based Shizuoka Gas Company Ltd.
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ). Represented Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) in the acquisition, jointly though a joint venture with GE Energy Financial Services, of Southern Star Central, a 5,800 mile U.S. natural gas pipeline system, from Morgan Stanley Infrastructure.*
- Columbia Energy Group. Represented Columbia Energy Group in the reorganization and sale of Columbia Electric Corporation.*
- Duke Energy Corporation. Represented Duke Energy Corporation in the $2.8 billion sale of its Midwest merchant generation business to a subsidiary of Dynegy Inc., which includes ownership interests in 11 power plants with a total capacity of approximately 6,100 MW, as well as Duke’s competitive retail electric and gas business (awarded “2015 Strategic Deal of the Year” by Platts Global Energy Awards).*
- Duke Energy Corporation. Represented Duke Energy Corporation in connection with its $240 million acquisition of Catamount Energy Corporation from a group of funds affiliated with Diamond Castle Holdings LLC.*
- Enwave. Represented Enwave in its acquisition of a portfolio of district energy systems and operation and maintenance contracts in Los Angeles, Portland and Las Vegas.*
- Kinder Morgan. Represented Kinder Morgan in a 50/50 joint venture with Southern Company in connection with the ownership, operation and development of the Southern Natural Gas pipeline system having a total enterprise value of approximately $4.15 billion.*
- Peoples Energy Corporation. Represented Peoples Energy Corporation in its $1.5 billion merger with WPS Resources Corporation.*
- Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG). Represented Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) in connection with the sale of two 1,000 MW gas-fired combined cycle plants for a total of $687 million to entities managed by Wayzata Investment Partners and Energy Capital Partners II LP in separate transactions.*
- Puget Energy. Represented Puget Energy in its $7.4 billion acquisition by a consortium of infrastructure funds led by Macquarie Infrastructure Partners.*
- Rockland Capital/AES Peaker Assets. Represented Rockland Capital, LLC in the acquisition of a portfolio of six natural gas and oil-fired peaking generating plants in Ohio and Indiana with a combined generation capacity of 973 MW (summer rating) from AES Ohio Generation, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of DPL, Inc.
- Rockland Capital/NRG Energy. Represented Rockland Capital, LLC in the acquisition of a 352 MW gas-fueled electrical generation plant known as Shelby County located in Illinois from an affiliate of NRG Energy, Inc.*
- Rockland Capital/Cogentrix Energy. Represented Rockland Capital, LLC in the sale of a portfolio of three peaking generation plants located in Illinois with a combined gas-fired generation capacity of approximately 1,100 MW to The Carlyle Group and its affiliated independent power producer and power generation asset manager, Cogentrix Energy Power Management, LLC.*
- Rockland Capital/Valley Road Holdings. Represented Rockland Capital, LLC in its acquisition of two natural gas-fired facilities totaling 503 MW from Valley Road Holdings, a subsidiary of LS Power Development, LLC.*
- Rockland Capital/Ameren. Represented Rockland Capital, LLC in the acquisition of a 1,166 MW portfolio of three natural gas-fired generation facilities in Illinois from an affiliate of Ameren Corporation.*
- SK Innovation. Represented SK Innovation in the sale of its 11.19 percent stake in Peru-based natural gas transporter, Transportadora de Gas del Perú S.A. for $251 million. Enagas, a Spain-based utility company, purchased a 3.94 percent interest, and the remaining 7.25 percent interest was purchased by Habanera, a Canada-based subsidiary of Peru’s Corporación Financiera de Inversiones S.A.
- Starwood Energy. Represented Starwood Energy on the portfolio acquisition of the equity ownership of three gas-fired power projects from Lakeside Energy: the 108 MW Beaver Falls cogeneration combined-cycle power project in New York, the 158 MW Hazleton peaking natural gas-fired project in Pennsylvania, and the 103 MW Syracuse combined cycle power project in New York.
- Talen Energy Corporation. Represented Talen Energy Corporation in the $1.175 billion acquisition of MACH Gen, LLC, the holding company of three natural gas-fired power plants located in New York, Massachusetts and Arizona with a total capacity of over 2,500 MW.*
- TransCanada Corporation. Represented TransCanada Corporation in its $13 billion acquisition of Columbia Pipeline Group, Inc., a Houston, Texas-based company that operates an approximate 15,000-mile (24,000-km) network of interstate natural gas pipelines extending from New York to the Gulf of Mexico, with a significant presence in the Appalachia production basin.
Retail Energy Providers
- XOOM Energy Global Holdings. Represented NRG Energy and its subsidiary NRG Retail LLC in the acquisition of XOOM Energy Global Holdings, LLC, a provider of competitive retail electricity, natural gas and renewable energy supply options to residential and commercial customers in over 100 utility markets across the United States and Canada.*
- Integrys Energy Group. Represented Integrys Energy Group in connection with its agreement to sell Integrys Energy Services Inc., a competitive retail electricity and natural gas subsidiary servicing approximately 1.2 million commercial, industrial, public sector and residential customers across 22 Midwest, mid‐Atlantic and Northeastern states, and the District of Columbia, to Exelon Generation Company, LLC.*
- Direct Energy Services, LLC. Represented Direct Energy Services, LLC, an affiliate of Centrica plc, in its $300 million acquisition of Strategic Energy LLC from Great Plains Energy Inc.*
- TransCanada Power Marketing Ltd. Represented TransCanada Power Marketing Ltd., a subsidiary of TransCanada Corporation, the operator of one of the largest natural gas transmission networks, on the sale of its US retail power portfolio to EDF Energy Services, LLC.
Utilities and Regulated Assets
- Argo Infrastructure Partners. Represented Argo Infrastructure Partners in the acquisition of interests in Hudson Transmission Partners, LLC, the owner of a 660 MW HVDC subsea electric transmission system connecting PJM to NYISO from Ares EIF and Starwood Energy Group Global, LLC.*
- Argo Infrastructure Partners. Represented Argo Infrastructure Partners in the acquisition of a 25.18 percent interest in DQE Holdings, LLC, the parent of Duquesne Light Co.*
- Brookfield Infrastructure. Represented Brookfield Infrastructure in the sale of Cross Sound Cable Company, the owner of a high voltage direct current electric transmission system connecting the New England and New York power grids, to A1A Energy North America LLC, an affiliate of Argo Infrastructure Partners.
- Brookfield Infrastructure. Represented Brookfield Infrastructure in its bid in its bid to manage Ohio State University’s energy systems; Brookfield was a finalist in the process in which the successful bid was valued at $1.165 billion.
- Brookfield Infrastructure. Represented Brookfield Infrastructure in the acquisition of Cross Sound Cable from its lender and its recapitalization.
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ). Represented Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) in its investment of up to approximately $593 million in AES US Investments, Inc. and IPALCO Enterprises, Inc., subsidiaries of The AES Corporation and parent companies of Indianapolis Power & Light Company, for an aggregate direct and indirect interest in IPALCO of up to 30%.*
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (“CDPQ”), GDF International and Engie Brasil Energia S.A. Represented Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (“CDPQ”), GDF International and Engie Brasil Energia S.A. and in the acquisition of a 90% shareholding stake in Transportadora Associada de Gás S.A. (“TAG”) from Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. (“Petrobras”) valued at USD $8.6 billion. The acquisition of TAG – the largest natural gas transportation company in Brazil with approximately 4,500 km of gas pipeline infrastructure located along the coast of the Northeast and Southeast regions in addition to a pipeline in the North – is Engie’s debut in the natural gas segment in Brazil and CDPQ's first infrastructure investment in Brazil. Our firm played a prominent role in this groundbreaking transaction in a challenging regulatory environment by advising Engie and CDPQ in corporate, regulatory, tax, compliance, litigation, real estate, labor, environment and antitrust matters.
- CDPQ Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ). Represented CDPQ Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) in the acquisition of a 50% interest in the joint venture that owns and operates the Southern Star Central pipeline system from GE Energy Financial Services.
- GIP. Represented GIP in a strategic joint venture with Hess Corporation through the acquisition of a 50% interest in Hess Infrastructure Partners, owner of Hess' midstream crude oil and natural gas infrastructure assets in the Bakken Shale for purchase price of $2.675 billion.*
- Great Plains Energy. Represented Great Plains Energy in its proposed cash-stock acquisition of, and its pending revised stock-for-stock merger of equals transaction with, Westar Energy, Inc., creating a company with a combined equity value of $15 billion.*
- PGGM. Represented PGGM, a Dutch pension fund manager, and members of the John Hancock Life Insurance Company family in their acquisition of a minority interest in DQE Holdings LLC, the parent of Duquesne Light Company, the electric transmission and distribution utility serving the greater Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area.
- PGGM. Represented PGGM, a Dutch pension fund, in the acquisition from a Macquarie infrastructure fund of 10 percent plus one share of the equity and like percentage of shareholder loans of Puget Holdings LLC, the holding company of the electric and gas utility serving the Seattle and Tacoma, Washington area.
- Rockland Capital, LLC and Wolverine Power Holdings, LLC. Represented Rockland Capital, LLC and its affiliate, Wolverine Power Holdings, LLC, in the sale of 100 percent of the equity interests in Michigan Power Limited Partnership, which owns an approximately 125 megawatt gas-fired cogeneration facility located in Ludington, Michigan, to Osaka Gas Michigan Power, LLC, a subsidiary of Osaka Gas USA Corporation.*
- SCANA Corporation. Represented SCANA Corporation, which owns South Carolina Electric & Gas Company, in its entry into an agreement with Dominion Energy, Inc., one of the largest energy utility companies in the United States, providing for a stock-for-stock merger valued at $14.6 billion including debt.
- Arroyo Energy. Represented Arroyo Energy Investors on the purchase of The Pattern Energy Group LP and Pattern Energy Group Inc. of their renewable energy project portfolio in Chile, including an 81 MW interest in the El Arrayan wind farm and all of the equity interest in the AC Conejo solar project.
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ). Represented Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) in its increased investment in Invenergy Renewables, North America’s largest privately held renewable energy company.
- China Power International. Represented China Power International in its joint venture agreement with Pakistan-based The Hub Power Company (Hubco) to develop an imported coal-fired power plant along with an ancillary coal jetty at Hubco's existing site at Hub, Balochistan.
- NRG Energy/EVgo. Represented NRG Energy, Inc. in connection with the sale of a majority interest in its subsidiary EVgo, a provider of electric vehicle charging stations, to Vision Ridge Partners, LLC.*
- TransCanada Corporation. Represented TransCanada Corporation on the sale of its US Northeast power business. This includes the disposition of TransCanada’s interests of Ravenswood Generating Station, Ironwood Power Plant, Ocean State Power plant and Kibby Wind Power generation facilities to Helix Generation, LLC, an affiliate of LS Power Equity Advisors, for $2.2, billion as well as the disposition of TransCanada’s interests in TC Hydro to Great River Hydro, LLC, an affiliate of ArcLight Capital Partners, LLC.
- Universal Coal. Represented Universal Coal, a UK-based coal mining company focused on South Africa, in its acquisition by Australia-based Coal of Africa Limited (CoAL). Our work included advising the client in connection with a hostile competing bid made by Germany-based Ichor Coal NV.
- Allianz Global Investors/8point3 Energy Partners. Represented Allianz Global Investors in a $760 million debt financing transaction, in the form of a bond, to finance a portion of a portfolio of solar projects held by 8point3 Energy Partners, a San Jose-based yieldco, which was acquired by Capital Dynamics.
- Asia Clean Capital. Represented Asia Clean Capital in its joint venture with EDF Energies Nouvelles, a global market leader in renewable energy, to build and operate a portfolio of distributed rooftop solar projects in China.
- John Hancock Life Insurance. Represented John Hancock Life Insurance Company (U.S.A.) in the $400 million acquisition of a 49 percent interest in ExGen Renewables Partners, LLC, which owns a portfolio of wind and solar generating facilities, from an affiliate of Exelon Corporation.
- Global Atlantic. Represented Global Atlantic in the acquisition of a portfolio of solar projects totaling 470 MW in Alabama, Georgia, Maryland and Florida from Origis.*
- Imperial Valley. Represented affiliates of Tessera Solar in the disposition of the 709 MW Imperial Valley Solar project in Imperial County, California.*
- Costa Rican Wind Farm. Advised Illinois Generating Company in its purchase of a 20 MW wind farm from Charter Oak/Northeast Utilities in Costa Rica.
First Wind Portfolio Sale. Represented First Wind in connection with the sale of its equity interests in the 150 MW Route 66 wind project located in Texas and the 105 MW Palouse wind project located in Washington.
- Iberdrola Generación. Represented Iberdrola Generación in German Merger Control advice regarding the acquisition of 50 percent of Tarragona Power S.L.
- SunEdison. Represented SunEdison in the sale of 333 MW of wind power assets to Terra Nova Renewable Partners for $209 million. Terra Nova is a strategic partnership formed between SunEdison and institutional investors advised by J.P. Morgan Asset Management's Global Real Assets.
- Digicel Group. We represented Digicel Group in the sale of 215 telecom towers situated in the French Caribbean and Guyana to Phoenix Tower International (PTI). Digicel will continue to use the telecom towers pursuant to a lease back arrangement with PTI.
- Emasan. Represented Emasan, the majority seller, in its €1.9 billion sale of Interoute Communications Holdings SA, the owner and operator of one of Europe's largest independent fiber networks, to GTT Communications Inc. The sellers included our client Emasan, 70 percent shareholder in Interoute, and Turbo Holdings, 30 percent shareholder jointly controlled by two private equity investors, Aleph Capital and Crestview.
- NTELOS Holdings. Represented NTELOS Holdings in its $640 million acquisition by Shenandoah Telecommunications Co., a provider of broadband services, digital TV, high-speed internet and phone services to customers in Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland.
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce. Represented the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, as financial advisor to Westchester County, New York on the proposed 40-year concession lease of the Westchester County Airport to Empire State Airport Holdings LLC, an affiliate of Oaktree Capital Management, L.P.
- City of St. Louis, Missouri. Currently are advising the City of St. Louis, Missouri on the contemplated long-term concession of St. Louis Lambert International Field, which, if completed, would be the first long-term concession of a large mainland airport in the United States.
- Northwest Parkway, LLC. Represented a bidder in its unsuccessful bid to acquire 100% of the equity of Northwest Parkway, LLC. Since 2007, Northwest Parkway, LLC has held the concession for the Northwest Parkway toll road located outside of Denver, Colorado.
- Queensland Investment Corporation (QIC). Advised the Queensland Investment Corporation (QIC) in the acquisition of a parking and mobility concession at Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts. The transaction is considered the first-of-its-kind in that it involves not only a long-term concession in the University’s parking assets, but the ability to repurpose those assets for other mobility purposes during the term in relation to potential technological disruption risk.
- Chicago Downtown Public Parking System. We represented a bidder in its unsuccessful bid to acquire the equity interest of the concessionaire of the Chicago Downtown Public Parking System. We represented the City of Chicago in connection with the initial concession and lease of the parking garage system in 2006.
- 3i Group. Represented 3i Group in its agreement to purchase Regional Rail, LLC, a leading owner and operator of short-line freight railroads and rail-related businesses.
- Carlyle Infrastructure Fund, L.P. Represented Carlyle Infrastructure Fund, L.P. in connection with its sale of North America Central School Bus Intermediate Holding Company, LLC, the immediate parent of the operating company that provides school bus services to school districts throughout Illinois. We previously represented Carlyle in its initial acquisition of this business.
- Consortium bidder. Currently advising a consortium bidder for a concession of the parking assets at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, the first long-term concession specifically of airport parking assets in the United States.
- CR Almeida S.A.–Engenharia e Construções, and Primav Construções e Comércio S.A. Advised CR Almeida S.A.–Engenharia e Construções, and its wholly owned subsidiary Primav Construções e Comércio S.A., in a bidding process to share the control of EcoRodovias Infraestrutura e Logística S.A., one of the largest infrastructure players in Brazil, with a focus on toll road assets, and Concessionária do Monotrilho da Linha 18 – Bronze S.A., concessionaire of Line 18 of the Monorail in the São Paulo metropolitan region.
- Grupo Odinsa. Represented Grupo Odinsa in the acquisition of a 50 percent equity interest in the concessionaire of the Mariscal Sucre International Airport in Quito, Ecuador.
Indiana Toll Road. Represented a bidder in connection with an attempt to acquire the equity of the private concessionaire of the Indiana Toll Road. The concessionaire entity was in a bankruptcy proceeding during the pendency of the auction process.
- InfraRed Infrastructure Fund III. Represented InfraRed Infrastructure Fund III in the acquisition of an 85% interest in a toll road concession in Aruba known as the Watty Vos Boulevard project.
- NYK Group. Represented NYK Group in connection with the sale to Macquarie Infrastructure Partners III of a 49% interest in North American container terminal operations and formation of a new joint venture vehicle, NYK Ports, LLC.
- Public Service Pension Investment Board. Advised the Public Service Pension Investment Board in its purchase of a 40% interest in Aerostar Airport Holdings LLC, which holds a concession in the Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport in Puerto Rico, the first major airport to be privatized in the US. We have advised on all aspects of PSP’s bid, through its affiliate Avi Alliance, to acquire the 40% interest in Aerostar held by Oaktree Capital.
- AEGON N.V. Represented AEGON N.V. in its $5.4 billion sale of most of Transamerica Finance Corporation's commercial lending business to General Electric Capital Corporation, and Transamerica Finance Corporation's related consent solicitation.*
- Brookfield Asset Management. Represented an affiliate of Brookfield Asset Management in a strategic investment with Landmark Infrastructure Partners LP in forming a joint venture to invest in core infrastructure assets.
- CDPQ Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ). Represented CDPQ Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) in its acquisition of a 27 percent stake in Hilco Global, an independent financial services group.
- CNPCI. Advised CNPCI in its $4.18 billion acquisition of PetroKazakhstan Inc. as to U.S. securities law matters.*
- IUSA. Represented IUSA in the sale of substantially all of the assets of United Copper Industries, Inc. to KPS Partners, L.P.
- Oaktree Capital Management. Advised Oaktree Capital Management on the structuring of the purchase of Veolia’s waste management and water desalination activities in Israel.
- PGGM. Advised PGGM, a Dutch pension fund, on its 20% investment in SUEZ Water Resources Inc., the subsidiary of SUEZ S.A., a French public company, specializing in the water and waste cycle management business in the US with an enterprise value of $4 billion.
- Prime Infrastructure. Represented Prime Infrastructure as to matters of U.S. law in its $1.4 billion merger with Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P.*
- Senior Noteholders represented the Senior Noteholders in the restructuring of $60 million aggregate principal amount of 9.0% Convertible Senior Notes issued by BMB Munai, Inc.
*Transaction performed by a lawyer prior to joining Mayer Brown.
Named 2014 Law Firm of the Year
Partnerships Bulletin and PPP Bulletin International Partnerships Awards 2014
Silver Award in the “Best Legal Adviser” category of the Partnerships Awards 2014, an annual awards series hosted by Partnerships Bulletin and PPP Bulletin International that recognizes outstanding contributions to the forward progress of public-private partnerships (PPPs) around the globe.
Ranked Band 1: Chambers USA 2015 , Projects:PPP
The Bond Buyer 2013
Mayer Brown represented WVB East End Partners as sponsors’ counsel on WVB’s public-private partnership with the Indiana Finance Authority to fund the Ohio River Bridges East End Crossing Project, which was named The Bond Buyer’s “Midwest Region Deal of the Year” winner. The financing for the toll bridge and roadway was achieved through the sale of more than $675 million in tax-exempt private activity bonds (PABs), which the publication said was “the largest P3 PAB offering completed to date in the U.S. municipal market.” The Lawyer Awards 2012
We were awarded Infrastructure/Energy Team of the Year at The Lawyer Awards 2012 for the team's pioneering work in developing a legal framework to make mining possible in Afghanistan.
Chambers USA 2015
Tier 1 for US Projects/PPP
"They set themselves apart from the rest, acting on all sides of the table.”
Chambers Latin America 2012
Tier 1 for Latin American Projects
"This firm has one of the best reputations in the US market for handling finance work south of the border and beyond.”
Chambers Asia 2012
Tier 3 China Infrastructure
"This leading firm is best known for its terminals project work, benefiting from its strong shipping practice."
Our lawyers have participated in many Deals of the Year within the Infrastructure sector including:
- Abengoa Transmisión Sur (ATS) transmission line. Latin American Transmission Deal of the Year 2014.
- Rutas de Lima Toll Road. 2014 PPP Deal of the Year by World Finance magazine.
- Orosí Wind Farm Project - Latin America Wind Deal of the Year 2013 by Project Finance magazine.
- Luis Muñoz Marin International Airport - North America Transport Deal of the Year 2013 by Project Finance magazine.
- Ohio River Bridges—East End Crossing - North America Project Bond Deal of the Year 2013. Bond Buyer magazine.
- 2011 Structured Financing Deal of the Year 2011: Aeropuertos Argentina 2000
- 2010 North America Transportation Deal of the Year: Denver FasTracks
- 2010 Latin America Water Deal of the Year: Huascacocha Water Infrastructure in Peru
- 2009 Transport Deal of the Year: São Paulo Rodoanel in Brazil
- 2008 Latin American Infrastructure Deal of the Year: São Paulo Metro Line IV in Brazil
- 2008 Latin America Acquisition Deal of the Year: Aerodom Airports in Dominican Republic
- 2007 Best Infrastructure Deal of the Year: IIRSA Sur Toll Road in Peru
- 2007 North American Transport Deal of the Year: Northwest Parkway in Colorado