31 January 2017
Cybersecurity and data privacy issues continued to grow in significance for multinational businesses over the past 12 months, further heightening the importance of preparing and responding in a strategic, coordinated and enterprise-wide manner in 2017.
Key issues for companies doing business in the United States and for US businesses operating globally, as they continue to refine their cybersecurity and data privacy programs in 2017, will include:
- Ongoing regulatory scrutiny of cybersecurity and data privacy across a wide range of industries
- Continued growth of cybersecurity and data privacy litigation
- Security and privacy challenges for the Internet of Things
- Litigation and debate about law enforcement’s access to electronic data
- Evolution in international cybersecurity and data privacy governance