Participants in cross-border M&A transactions face complex issues. Among these are tax issues that often play a key role in successfully completing any transaction. Experienced dealmakers know that they have to account for the tax implications of each transaction and determine the best strategies for minimizing liabilities and reducing tax-related costs.
Please join Mayer Brown partners Sandy Bhogal, Pieter de Ridder and Mark Stevens for a 30-minute teleconference as they discuss five of the top tax considerations in cross-border M&A today:
- Asset deal or share deal—the different tax consequences for buyer and seller
- Tax relief for borrowing cost
- Minimizing income tax and withholding tax on dividend flows going forward
- Preserving NOLs of the target
- Future issues with tax planning under Base Erosion and Profit Shifting Project