Cross-border M&A can provide tremendous business opportunities for companies looking to expand globally. However, in analyzing cross-border deals M&A professionals must be conversant with the risk factors associated with the vigorous and cooperative anti-corruption efforts being taken by regulators around the world.
Please join Mayer Brown partners Alistair Graham, William Kucera and William Michael for a 30-minute teleconference on the leading anti-corruption efforts, the FCPA and the UK Bribery Act, and key concerns for M&A professionals in this area, including:
- Hot topics in the enforcement area
- Investigative concerns during the due diligence process
– Blocking statutes
– Common interest agreements between buyer and seller
- Personal jurisdiction over foreign nationals
- Time bars to bringing actions
- Contractual protections—representations and warranties, indemnities, etc.