13 March 2013
In the last few years there has been a marked increase in the number of wine-loving overseas investors seeking to purchase vineyards in France. This article serves as a primer on five issues that a would-be buyer should consider at the outset of such an acquisition:
- Who can (or would) purchase a French vineyard?
- Acquisition structure – purchase of real estate or purchase of shares?
- What tax considerations apply?
- What government approvals are required?
- Are there any other requirements for foreign buyers?
For inquiries related to this Legal Update, please contact Mark Stevens, Hannah Ha, Erwan Heurtel, Nicholas Cook, Guillaume Kuperfils, Jean-Pierre Lee or your usual contacts with our firm.
This article is also available in Chinese: ?????????????????