As part of their increasing commitment to corporate social responsibility, more and more companies are looking to offer pro bono legal services. However, without existing pro bono programs, companies are often uncertain how to approach this goal.
Mayer Brown has launched successful pro bono projects with several corporate clients. Now, in collaboration with AT&T, Caterpillar and Discover, we are pleased to invite you to an in-depth roundtable addressing how companies can partner with law firms to establish successful pro bono programs. This interactive seminar is designed for in-house counsel and other professionals whose companies want to become involved in pro bono projects but are unsure how to proceed. We will demonstrate how companies can leverage existing law firm relationships, or start new ones, to achieve their pro bono goals.
Is a Pro Bono Program right for you?
- Why Pro Bono?
- What are the risks of establishing a pro bono program?
- How do you build and manage a pro bono program?
- How to train in-house counsel
- How do you decide which projects or organizations to support?
Implementing a pro bono program
- What to look for when partnering with a law firm
- Tools for implementing a successful program, including lessons learned
- Financial impact of running a pro bono program
- Balancing requests
- Return on investment
Leveraging a pro bono program
- Fulfilling corporate social responsibilities
- How to get the most out of the partnership
- Publicizing your program internally and externally
- Building successes
- Next steps
Speakers will include lawyers from AT&T, Caterpillar, Discover and Mayer Brown who have had significant experience establishing, implementing and running successful pro bono partnerships.
71 South Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606
+1 312 782 0600