Mayer Brown recognized as a “best-branded” law firm by corporate counsel in BTI Brand Elite 2014 report
22 May 2014
Mayer Brown, a leading global law firm, ranked sixth among the 26 law firms with a substantially better brand than all other law firms in BTI Brand Elite 2014: Client Perceptions of the Best-Branded Law Firms. In the 2013 report, the firm ranked 12th.
Published by The BTI Consulting Group, the BTI Brand Elite 2014 is based on feedback from more than 300 interviews with in-house counsel at the world’s largest organizations that measured “top-of-mind recognition” of nearly 450 law firms. BTI used nine key differentiators to identify the 26 law firms with the largest brand imprint and market presence, which include:
• Delivering premium value;
• Worthiness of client recommendations to peers and colleagues;
• Being a safe choice for “bet-the-company” matters;
• Likelihood to continue as an industry leader over the long term;
• Delivering new and valuable services that other firms don’t offer;
• Being considered first when clients hire for new assignments;
• Using technology more effectively or in new ways to add value;
• Making changes in process or the client experience to add value; and
• Improving the client experience by making changes that other firms don’t make.
The BTI Brand Elite 2014 also ranked Mayer Brown as a “Best Brand Builder,” one of only 19 firms with outstanding upward trajectory in brand out of the 650 law firms serving large clients.