Most real estate developers and investors will own their portfolio of properties through a mixture of Hong Kong companies, BVI companies and perhaps companies incorporated in other jurisdictions. Accordingly, it is important in the administration of your portfolios to take note of the new Companies Ordinance in Hong Kong which will commence operation on 3 March 2014 (the "new CO"). The new CO will bring in a number of changes. How does it affect your Hong Kong companies? What actions do you need to take now?
Mayer Brown JSM cordially invites you to attend a seminar on this new regulation for real estate developers/investors. Topics to be covered include:
- Incorporating a New Hong Kong Entity – What will you do differently?
- What should we do in respect of our existing Hong Kong companies?
- Par Value of Shares – abolished. Why does that matter?
- How have rules on giving Financial Assistance been relaxed?
- When can a Hong Kong company lend money to its directors?
- Registration of Charges and Releases – New procedures
- Directors' Duties – What's New? Can I end up in jail?
Date & Time
Wednesday, 12 March 2014
4:15 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Registration
4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Seminar
5:30 p.m. onwards Cocktail Reception
Mayer Brown JSM
18th Floor, Prince's Building
10 Chater Road, Central
The seminar is free of charge; however, due to limited seating, registrations are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
For additional information, please contact Ellen Pak at
or +852 2843 4427.
Learn more about our Real Estate practice.