29 January 2016
Cybersecurity and data privacy were high priority issues in 2015 for companies in a broad range of industries. This year is poised to see cybersecurity and data privacy continue to grow in importance for companies doing business in the United States and for US businesses operating globally. In our 2016 Outlook, we highlight five priority issues that these companies should consider as they assess, refine and operate their cybersecurity and data privacy programs in 2016:
- Increasingly global governance of cybersecurity and data privacy;
- Expanding regulatory and enforcement activity;
- Continued growth in cybersecurity and data privacy litigation;
- Substantial law enforcement activity; and
- Expanding global and technological scope of policy debates.
As the cybersecurity and data privacy landscapes continue to shift around the world, the value for businesses of understanding these issues and responding in a strategic, coordinated and enterprise-wide fashion will be greater than ever in 2016.