9 October 2014
The Hong Kong Competition Commission (the “Commission”) today published long-awaited draft implementation guidelines (the “Guidelines”) to the Competition Ordinance (Cap. 619) (the “CO”).
A total of six draft Guidelines have been published, namely:
- Draft Guideline on the First Conduct Rule (“FCR”)
- Draft Guideline on the Second Conduct Rule (“SCR”)
- Draft Guideline on the Merger Rule
- Draft Guideline on Complaints
- Draft Guideline on Investigations
- Draft Guideline on Applications for a Decision under Sections 9 and 24 (Exclusions and Exemptions) and Section 15 Block Exemption Orders
This legal update is the first in a series of updates on the draft Guidelines. In this update we provide a snapshot of what the draft Guidelines say on the key issues, what they don’t say, and how they may affect business in Hong Kong.