In this inaugural edition, we will look at:
Trade marks/Trade Descriptions
- What does the new PRC Trade Mark Law (coming into force on 1 May 2014) mean for you?
- The Trade Descriptions Ordinance: enforcement of the new provisions so far, including the first case of acceptance of a written undertaking in lieu of prosecution.
- The trend towards an increase in data privacy protection in the PRC, as reflected by the recent changes to the PRC Consumer Rights Protection Law.
- Aligning the law with innovative payments in Hong Kong.
- Is a smartphone a "computer" for the purposes of the Crimes Ordinance?