Legal documentation issues in OTC derivatives transactions have never been more complicated. The OTC derivatives industry is facing the most severe timeline to implement new margin regulations for uncleared derivatives on a global basis.
The publication of the new sets of OTC derivative credit support documentation will result in global challenges to the OTC derivatives markets requiring substantial implementation, negotiation and documentation solutions for institutions and practitioners.
Other new regulatory requirements, for example on indirect clearing, the regulatory standards under the BRRD, PRIIPs KID for OTC or the benchmark regulation, will also bring yet unknown and complex considerations to derivative contracts.
After our successful OTC Derivatives Seminar in September 2015, we are pleased to invite you to join our guest speaker from Clearstream and our cross-border derivatives team from New York, London and Frankfurt for a discussion on these challenging market developments.
The seminar will be moderated by our partner Dr. Patrick Scholl.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Overview of recent documentation developments.
- The new margin rules for non-centrally cleared derivatives. What has to be done and by when?
- The upcoming landscape for credit support documentation. What are the options and challenges and how to deal with the documentation choices given to the market?
- Extraterritorial aspects of the margin rules. How can market participants achieve regulatory compliance in their trading relationships with third country entities?
- Custodian solutions for initial margin (IM). What are the legal and practical aspects of an IM custodian offering? Presented by Ralph Beyer, Clearstream | Deutsche Börse Group.
- The ongoing impact of EU regulations on derivative contracts. What further changes to the legal documentation are required?
- Discussion regarding the negotiation aspects of the new credit support documentation. How to negotiate the new documents with dealers, clients, custodians?
Please note that the event will be held in English.
Thursday, June 30, 2016
3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Coffee break included
Get-together and live viewing of the first quarterfinal of the European championship 2016 at 9 p.m.
Participation is free of charge. For registration and further information please contact
, T +49 69 7941 2991.