Join leading members of the oil, gas and energy tax community—including senior government officials, IRS staff, corporate energy and tax counsel, and members of the energy tax bar—at the 13th Biennial Parker C. Fielder Oil and Gas Tax Conference
This nationally recognized event is a unique collaboration between The University of Texas School of Law and the Chief Counsel’s Office of the IRS, and provides an exchange of views and perspectives between private sector and the Service.
The 2015 program opens with an analysis of Distress in the Energy Industry
—factors that led to the current downturn, an overview of the current markets, and the short-term and long-term implications on the industry and the U.S. economy—and continues with a sophisticated array of presentations, panels, and discussions on current energy taxation issues:
- Keynote Presentation by IRS Chief Counsel William J. Wilkins on Current Issues in Tax Administration
- In depth discussion on Capital Cost Recovery
- A look at the use of Farmouts in an Era of Low Oil Prices
- Domestic tax issues evaluation and discussion: Oil and Gas Tax Fundamentals, plus oil and gas Property and Sale Transactions
- International tax issues evaluation and discussion: International Tax Issues for the General Practitioner; Transfer Pricing; and Foreign Tax Credit Developments
- An understanding of the Unique Property and Tax Issues in Fracking
- An analysis of Publicly Traded Vehicles for the Energy Industry, including MLPs, Yield Cos, and more
- Current Issues, Pitfalls and Best Practices Involving Audits and Controversies for Taxpayers in the Oil and Gas Industry
- 1 hour Ethics on recent developments in the area of the regulation of tax practice and tax ethics
- Special awards presentation honoring William J. Wilkins of the Internal Revenue Service, John T. Bradford of Liskow & Lewis, and Robert A. Sweich of KPMG, for their outstanding service and achievement in oil and gas taxation
If your work involves energy taxation law or finance, don’t miss this exceptional educational and networking event.