Mayer Brown’s M&A practice is among the largest and most sophisticated in the world, with extensive experience advising clients on a variety of complex, cross-border and high-profile strategic transactions. We offer an integrated global team poised to support the international needs of our clients:
- We have more than 300 Corporate/M&A lawyers across the Americas, Asia and Europe.
- Many of our M&A lawyers’ practices involve providing cross-border advice on regional or global transactions—they are as comfortable advising on cross-border deals as they are on single-jurisdiction transactions.
- Our broad geographic coverage enables us to manage many of our M&A engagements (including local due diligence support) with lawyers from our offices around the globe.
Our firm has participated in M&A transactions worldwide in virtually every industry, and we have extensive experience managing transatlantic, Asia-Pacific, pan-European and global transactions. We also have significant experience coordinating local aspects of cross-border transactions with lawyers from firms with which we have long-standing relationships, or at times, with our clients’ in-house lawyers or local firms designated by our clients. No matter how the transaction team is structured, we take responsibility for ensuring that our clients receive an integrated, high-quality work product.
Our cross-practice, cross-border approach to delivering sophisticated legal services to clients means our M&A lawyers not only have a thorough knowledge of the legal system in which they are based, but they also have a broad mix of professional and cultural backgrounds and a familiarity with the laws and political, cultural and commercial influences likely to impact a matter in other regions. In fact, many are recognized for their work in multiple jurisdictions. This international outlook and broad range of practical experience provides our clients with a depth of insight and versatility.
Mayer Brown’s M&A practice represents a broad spectrum of public and private companies, private equity and leveraged buy-out firms, special committees and management groups—including many Fortune 500 and FTSE 250 companies, as well as CAC 40, HKE and DAX-listed companies. We routinely handle transactions ranging in size and complexity from multi-billion dollar, cross-border transactions to mid-size and smaller transactions within a single national or regional market. Our national, regional and cross-border experience covers:
- Advanced M&A planning
- Asset sales and purchases
- FCPA compliance planning
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Private equity
- Public and private takeovers and mergers
- Restructurings and recapitalizations
- Special committee representations
- Stock sales and purchases
- Tax planning and structuring
- Tender and exchange offers
- Venture capital
While we have represented clients in some of the largest and most complex transactions in the world, we provide our clients with efficient, cost-effective service regardless of the size of the deal. Our highly integrated and skilled team, together with the investment we make in our clients, allows us to lead M&A transactions efficiently while maintaining the highest quality.