We represent industrial, financial and other companies in the full range of their activities, including financings (e.g., secured and unsecured financing, acquisition financing, project financing and infrastructure financing transactions), debt and equity capital markets transactions, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions and international trade.
In finance, we are a market leader in securitization and other structured finance transactions in the emerging markets and regularly advise the major investment banks and borrowers in structuring and implementing sophisticated derivative and structured finance transactions. With our structuring expertise, we also assist clients in the structuring of local issuances. A key factor in our ability to structure cutting-edge transactions is the depth of our knowledge of the regulatory and international accounting standards issues that affect financing.
We are also active in related areas such as investment funds, real estate-related transactions, tax, intellectual property and international arbitration and litigation.
While transactions in the emerging markets can be as straightforward as in other jurisdictions, they generally are far more complex. This complexity requires that any participating law firm have depth and breadth. We are constantly investing in our capability to provide our clients with both comprehensive advice and strong execution in these dynamic markets. We offer:
- Fluency in local languages, including Cantonese, French, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Korean, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Russian, Spanish, Thai and Vietnamese
- Understanding of the cultural nuances with implications for business activities in a given country
- Familiarity with jurisdictional regulatory and international trade laws
- Understanding of market access issues and ability to identify points of entry for clients
- Strategic partnerships, alliances and overall recognition in the industries and global institutions and organizations that work mostly in emerging economies.
In Asia, we have one of the largest and most experienced practices in the region with over 300 lawyers in Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Hong Kong and the People’s Republic of China.
We have been active in Latin America for more than 20 years. In 2009 we formed an association with the Brazilian law firm, Tauil & Chequer Advogados (T&C), which has offices in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. Through T&C, our clients have access to a full service Brazilian domestic law practice.
Our wider emerging markets team covers Africa, India, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Russia and other CIS countries.